What do you think about parents giving their kids wierd names?

For instance:
-Ashlee Simpson-Wentz just had her baby a few day ago... and named him
Bronx Mowgli Wentz.
-I know a pastor who is the child of two hippies.. they named him Star Flower.
-Two brothers I went to school with... named Yourhighness and Prince.

Chime in with what you think, and some rediculous names you've heard of people giving their kids.

brandyj

Asked by brandyj at 2:09 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It depends how weird it is. I like unique names but there is a limit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Guess what I just realized? Ashlee's baby's initials are BMW. Maybe that's what she was going for. It'll look great on monogrammed towels! lol

brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 2:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• my oldest daughter her name is autumn xazier i did'nt want the xazier but my husband and i made a pac if it was a boy he name it the 1st name and i got th2nd and if it was a girl i got the 1st and he the 2nd so it was fare what can i say we where young...but i like something a lil diffrent...
    kim168

Answer by kim168 at 2:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I agree there are some really interesting (being nice there) names out there but as long as there are creative thinkers in the world there will be creative names...lol. I'm only going to worry about my kids names...at least I'm in control of those. However, when they become parents...watch out...LOL
    happy2bme7

Answer by happy2bme7 at 2:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• LOL Brandyi I realized that a few days ago and kind of chuckled, I remember years ago when Frank Zappa named his daughter Moon Unit (she sang Valley Girls). and his son was Dweezil, hmmmmmm these days it's getting pretty funny. I do wonder though (working at an elementary school) when the "problem children" that are always in the principals office are named "Angel", "Jesus" and "Perfection" LMAO
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I love weird names. We named our son Shooter Monroe Major. I do however get a lot of "what's his real name" or "why'd you name him that". I've had some people after I told them his name laugh and say "oh that's different".
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 7:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• My SIL does this. Her last name (maiden) begins with a Z so all three of her kids have weird names and she puts a z in them. Her latest is Zackary Speed then the last name....sounds like a drugie to me. I have a friend from Germany and she told me this kind of thing was a huge problem and now there is an official government book of names to choose from to prevent people from naming their children Quisinart. If the name you like is not in the book then too bad for you. You have to pick one that is.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Honestly I think some of these celebrities do it for more attention. I think the names are ridiculous, but then again I'm more for traditonal names that don't have to be spelled out every time you say it ...
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:55 AM on Nov. 29, 2008