trying to become a mom...

I'm sure I'm in the wrong place to ask this question, but we have been trying for several months now..... I can't find anywhere else online that I can ask a question and get a quick response back... I'm 30, and though I don't feel old maybe it might be a little harder for me to have children. We "tried" a week before I started and then the day before and then 3 days after I finished... when is the earliest I can find out I'm pregnant and is there a good chance that I am... thank you for ANY help you can give me... I just want a baby so badly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• good possibility. I always get pregnant after my period and have 2 little girls and am pregnant now. Just depends when you ovulate. I always test negative if I do it early I have to do it the day of or the next days after my period. Look for symptoms. Not everyone gets the same symptoms. I always wake up in the morning with a stuffy nose for like 2 weeks. Thats how I know I'm pregnant. Good luck! Ohhh don't go pee or get up after you have sex you'll lose a good amount of sperm you'll need to conceive.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 2:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• How long are your cycles?
    If you aren't sure, start charting them. The first full day of bleeding would be day #1 and you would count each day until your period starts again. Typically, if you're having a 28 day cycle, you're gonna ovulate on or about day 14. If your cycle is longer or shorter, that will have to be adjusted. Another thing to check for is your cervical mucus. It will go from dry, to stickish, to creamy to this snotty egg-white substance ... you should be able to stretch the egg white cervical mucus between two fingers. When it's like the egg white is when you are most fertile.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:45 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Generally, people aren't ovulating right before or right after their period. Normally, you'll ovulate mid cycle or two weeks before your period begins. A good thing to remember is it takes sperm a couple days sometimes to make their journey so you'll want to have sex every couple of days to make sure that there's always sperm available when your egg is ready.
    And I hate to disagree with someone else's answer, but not getting up and peeing is kinda a bad idea - at least it is for me. I have to get up and pee or else I will get a UTI. My suggestion is to lie there for about 20 minutes and then go pee. If you want, you can elevate your bottom for that time and when you come back from your bathroom trip to try and aid the sperm on their journey.
    Hope that helps!!!
    If I can answer any other questions that you have about this, message me!
    Jill42721

• I also get pregnant right after my peroid. Also relax. If you are stressed it will decrease your chance of concievening. Sex is supposed to be fun.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:29 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Its ok to ask any question if you fell ok about it. But if your heathy i dont c y your not getting pregnant. Did you ask your Dr?? and c if thay can give you a little help. If teens can have babys and not a job then i dont c y you cant at lest you have more to offer and im sher youll be a good mom cuz your the first i heard to say mom not Concev
    lady81661

Answer by lady81661 at 5:26 AM on Dec. 1, 2008