How much would you pay someone to sing at your wedding?

We have a friend named Brian whose sister is getting married to a guy I've known since we were kids (through school, never really good friends). My husband and I sang at Brian's wedding 3 years ago and it was our gift to them. Now his sister is looking for someone to sing at her wedding as a last-minute thing. The groom's uncle was going to do it but called them and said he couldn't. They want to know how much we would charge to sing at their wedding. We don't know them really well so it is more like a "job" and they're only giving us a couple of weeks to learn the 5 songs. So how much should we charge them? I have no clue.

bretsnag

Asked by bretsnag at 2:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• If it could be compared to needing someone to play the organ for the wedding service, I paid $100 for ours. I think $200-250 is not unreasonable for a more expensive (cost of living) area.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 5:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• We had a friend of ours sing at our wedding and we got her a gift instead, but we know her really well. We also payed an organist and that was 100 dollars. I would definately agree with the 200 dollar idea because of the number of songs and the time they are giving you to learn them.
    charmed20023

Answer by charmed20023 at 10:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• 5 songs??!! Dang Catholic weddings!!! I'll PM you :)
    Aleasha

Answer by Aleasha at 11:04 PM on Nov. 30, 2008