how can i get over my summer romance when the kids keep talking about it?

I was helping my friend over the summer babysitting her kids , she and her husband to be were working. The one weekend i did not watch the kids they let his stepson move in! when i went back up there the next weekend they were pushing us together well a complacated story in short he said he was separated from his wife an was waiting for a divorce...HA! Well i was not able to see that this was a lie i had fallen head over feet for this man as did my kids. Now that he's went back to his wife, an i am tring to forgive an not so much forget-- my kids keep bringing up the stuff we did ,the fun we had the parties they shared (birthdays) it hurts to have the kids talking about him ALL the time . how can i get these feelings to leave with a constant reminder?as well as should i apoligize to his wife? he said they were threw but to find out she was at her mom's telling her they were expecting a baby in feb.08! 4-REAL!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• The thing about seperated and not divorced is just that. They do have the option of making it work. He did nothing to forgive . He may just have been an extremely good natured person and liked everyone around...Why mess up his life with his wife, they are trying to make it work. She did nothing wrong. How can you have bad feelings for someone when they are trying to make their life work. When the kids mention him, don't say anything, just go on like you didn't hear them. Eventually they will get the drift. There are other good men out their, so don't put your hopes into this one..Most people think they are thru when they are seperated, its when the divorce hits that they are really thru with their life.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• This is why you should never date a man who's "seperated" and shouldn't let your kids get attached till you're sure the relationship is headed somewhere serious. I'd be a little upset at your friend for pushing you together if she knew any of it, including the pregnancy. I realize that you were duped, I'm not bashing you but use it as a lesson and let it go. You can't apologize to the wife unless she knew about you, she's pregnant so it's tough because if he slept with you (don't know if he did or not) then that's endangering a baby (some STD's can't be treated while pregnant and could seriously harm a fetus).
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:41 AM on Nov. 29, 2008