Endo. Pain

Anyone who has Endometrosis, how do you deal with the pain? I was seeing a GYN about 3 years ago who never officall diagonised me with it (he said 21 was too young for the surgery....) but he was treating me with Seasonique birthcontrol and some mild pain pills. I had dd in 2009 and it went into remission. And now its coming back with revenge. Every month gets worse and worse. Last night I Just laid on the couch and cried for over an hour. Everything between my belly button and my knees hurts SO bad I can't stand it. It hurts to sit, stand, lay down. I've tried heating pads and ice packs and am taking Motrin like crazy. We don't have insurance right now, so I'm trying to get into a sliding scale clinic in town. But right now I am miserable... I'm going to my mom's today to get a few pain pills. Does anyone have anything they do that works?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Health

• I was on narconic pain killers. I was finally put on Lupron for 6 months, but a few months after I finished the treatment my endo came back with a vengence. Which resulted in a total hysterectomy. That was 8 years ago and I feel much better.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My sister had that and she needed a partial hysterectomy. But,any way u look at it u r going to lose all of your lady parts. u have had to wait so long and that is why the doc said u r too young for surgery,because of the fact that it would be a hysterectomy. The doc also told my sister that endo is a precancerous condition. All my prayers r with u.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The Lupron did nothing for me. Are you still using Seasonique? At least it's way less times a year. Before I had DD, I was taking codeine. That kind of took the edge off, but it still hurt. The only thing that really worked though was getting pregnant. It helped for about 2 years, then I started getting bad cramps and outside of that PMS time too. I was on seasonique for over 2 years and the pain I was getting was pretty bad but only for a couple of days, then a coupl of just crampy days.
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 8:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm not on the seasonique anymore. I don't have insurance and can't afford it right now. I'm on a regular birthcontrol pill that DD's Ped. gave me. I would LOVE to get back on it though if I could afford it!!
    What I ment by too young for the surgery was that the only way to offically diagonise it is through laporscopy surgery and my GYN refused to do it because he said I was too young. All they do is go in and look around. Needless to say I'm not seeing him anymore. Esp. after he accused me of not taking my pain meds and I went off on him (I have a screw in my knee, six screws in my shoulder, a chipped spine, and chronic sinusitis, I take my pills!!) and he prescribed me Paxil because he said I had PMS.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011