Family?

Okay so does all your families get along or are there problems with people disliking each other? My family has so many people disliking each other. The reason for this is because my brother passed away about two years ago and there were three other boys in the boat with him whenever it happened. SO my cousin decides that the best way for her to be happy is to date and get pregnant by the boy whom tip the boat causing my brother to drowned. And my father dislikes him which I understand why but I dont understand why she begin to date him? I dont know if she thought it would make her close to him or if it would make her liked by everyone. Because a couple months after this happened he started a roomer about my brother but my brothers best friend had told my family what had actually happened that night. He was in the boat with them he is the only one that tried looking for my brother while the other two just set on the bank shocked. So I feel like she didnt have to date him in order to feel close to him because I just visit hius grave and talk to him that instead not going to see him. And we have a get to gather on the anniversary of his death which none of his friends except that one comes to it. what would you think about this.

Sorry for the length

shelle21

Asked by shelle21 at 9:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• My family is drama free and everybody likes everybody else. Same with DH's family. Our families don't like each other though.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think either she's a huge B, or this was a messed up way of her coping. Some people do strange things when cope with a death. They do the total opposite what they should do, or what they normally would do. As for the guy that spread the rumor, same thing.

Yes, there are people in my family that don't like each other.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 9:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• What? The chick likes drama.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• As far as I'm aware of, my family is drama free. I don't know much about his family. His brother's grandma likes to create drama with his mother, but that's about all I hear about. (Its a VERY long story...LOL).
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 9:51 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My side of the family is drama free since I DISOWNED all of them more than 10 year ago!! :o)

My husband's family members--brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews,cousins ALL get along. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm sorry for your loss. It must be very hard. I'd guess that survivor guilt, even if they did nothing wrong, plays a part in their responses.

You've made a whole set of assumptions(about your cousin) that confuse the story even more. Meeting at the anniversary of your brother's death is just morbid, and it's not surprising that most of his friends don't come then.

Within two years of my husband 's death, both his brothers were divorced. In the ensuing years (almost 20), they've been variously estranged from one another and from either or both of their parents, who were already divorced. One brother has had nothing to do with our boys since his brother's death. What I know is that they loved Bill and did everything they could to prolong his life. They were good to him while he lived--and that matters.
    Sarahinez

Answer by Sarahinez at 1:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sorry for your lost, everyone greves differently and this is just the way your cousin does it, some cry some get angry and some show no emotion but that doesn't make them a bad person.
    My brother died young too and we all grieved differently and while my brother was sick his ex-wife who lived with him treated him so bad but when my brother passed we treated his ex nicely.....no sense in getting upset life is to short...just grieve for your brother have family gathering's every year of his passing and move on. Every year since my brother died we as a famil get together and have a drink for him and laugh and talk about him,,,,its very healing good luck
    Anonymous