Is it easy to find work as a web designer?

I am thinking about going to school to learn web design....when I finish, my schooling and whatever I do while in school will be the only experience I have. Is it easy to get work? Would this be a bad field to get into? I am really interested in doing it but not if it is going to end up being a big waste cause I can't find work.

NattysMommy

Asked by NattysMommy at 3:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• no idea sweetheart. i think you would be able to find a job pretty easily. your siggys are awesome! still working on trying to figure out what i want you to make for me. ithink i just might have you surprise me. i think a lot of people work in that field....and are successful. i honestly think you would be great at it hon
    jennalms

Answer by jennalms at 3:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Very easy to find work, even easier to work for yourself. I create websites, fill them with items and sell them as turnkey business. You can make great money on eBay selling websites. There is no need to even look for a job unless you need health insurance. While you are in school you can get jobs on eLance and other free lance sites. Web design companies are looking for those who can, not those with 4 years of schooling, so you can easily take adult ed classes and get as good of a job as some one who paid $40,000.00 for a 4 year program.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 7:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yes, but you would need to open your own business and adverise. Don't get involved with any company. Do your own thing.
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I am glad I found your question! I was going to ask something similar. I too do web programming but never took it to a business level. Now I need to, whether for myself or with a company.
    shiningsoul

Answer by shiningsoul at 9:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008