Items I have to buy for new baby whdo they need?

Ok I am trying to save as much money possible because I need to get the baby clothes too. The baby will be here in 4 months and I have nothing other than a bassinet, playpen, high chair and a carseat. I wrote down everything for baby and clothes and if I have to buy everything new it is going to cost over 1,000.00 counting clothes and blankets and stuff. I tried on craigslist and everyone I see wants to much for a used item. Here are what I have not counting clothes and blankets stuff like that.

head support (for the infant carseat)
crib and mattress
nursery in a bag has sheet, bumper, mobile, skirt, certains
paper towels (I am making my own diaper wipes)
medicine kit (it has vappor rub for the bath, tylenol, lotion, a&d ointment, diaper ointment things like that)
nail kit
bottle brush (to clean bottles)
bouncer seat (that they lay in)
swing (I deff. want this since it was a life saver with my kids my first had colic I couldn't have done it without the swing lol)
diapers 1 box for newborn (my kids are in the 8 pound range)
diapers for size 1 (2 boxes)
breast milk storage bags (2 boxes of 50 count)
baby sling (to wear baby when we go to the zoo after bay is born my middle child is in a stroller it will save on buying a new stroller, plus I can use it to take my oldest to the bus sstop)
baby lotion
sleep positioner (this I like to lay babys on kind of there side rather then back my kids were bad about spitup and was afraid they would choke)
baby monitor
breast pump
baby thermometer
12 baby bottles (9 oz so I don't have to buy more later)

I am a sahm mom but want to store milk to so I can have some in freezer if I want to leave baby with dh. Is there anything on this list I don't need? Is there anything I do need and don't have down ther than clothes, blankets and things like that? I didn't put a boppy pillos for nursing cause I thought I can use a regualr pillow to save money on that right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sleep positioners were recalled for suffocating babies..
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 9:58 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Hi I just became a Grandma for the first time and I asked this yesterday of the Kid's what do you need? They said formula and diapers since they cost so dang much now day.
    tushpush1966

Answer by tushpush1966 at 9:50 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Oh I didn't know that about the sleep positioners then what do you use so that they aren't flat on their backs? My kids were horable about spiting up and my oldest would actually choke at times and I was worried about them choking when I am sleeping
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:18 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yep the sleep positioners were recalled u cant buy them anywhere anymore, i am due in about four months too and i loved it when i had my daughter
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• actually I seen them at walmart.com and that is why I didn't know that you can order them online
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• as for a head support for the infant car seat i was told by my dr that using anything other then a rolled up blanket can be very dangerous for a baby so we rolled a thin blanket and placed it around and over the top of DD's head and she did just fine saves money and doesn't have the danger of adding things to a car seat which is a no no
    krissii

Answer by krissii at 3:41 PM on Apr. 3, 2011