There doctor isn't open on Saturdays =[ heeeeeeeeeeeelllllppp!

My 14mo DD woke up with a nasty, raspy cough. Her poor nose has been running for like 2 weeks now! She has an on/off temp.

My 2yo DD won't eat, at all! She begs for water (i think she might have been dehydrated last night) She complains of her leg hurting, she has really really bad diarrhea, and a cough. Her nose is starting to run too. Oh and she has an on/off temp. She WOULD NOT sleep last night, she kept getting up to stand up, whining, =[ poor baby.

I have been giving them both medicine (over-the-counter) but I was told, and read, I can't give it to them past so many days. The cough in the 14mo is horrible =[ sounds like it hurts. Should I wait til' Monday? Or if it gets worse by tonight take them to ER? I use a dehumidifier also, and the 2yo drinks pedialite and water. She's still sleeping since we had a rough night.

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 9:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Take her to the ER when she wakes up. That is too long to go without having a doctor see her.
    KateShesGreat3

Answer by KateShesGreat3 at 9:52 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The 2yo symptoms just started 2 days ago. The 1yo seems to be getting better except this nasty cough she woke up with. i'm trying to find an urgent care place but i have no idea where it's at.
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sounds like croup..my son gets it all the time...you can take your little oneto the emergency room or wait it out..the doc will prob. Give u prednisone which works really fast ..croup is painful so shes definately not going to want to eat...put her in a steamy bathroom for 10 minutes..good luck poor baby
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 9:54 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I would take her to the ER too.

Answer by older at 9:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Doesn't your pediatrician have staff on call for the weekends? I would start with giving them a call but go to ER if necessary
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I answered when i read nasty raspy cough but once i read th rest i think you should take her to the emergency room
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 9:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The 14 month old baby eats just fine, we will see if she wants to eat today with that cough. ='[

it's the 2yo that won't eat. i'm def. going to try a steamy bath, THANKS!!
    knicole0708

Comment by knicole0708 (original poster) at 9:56 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• When you call your Pediatricians office they should have an emergency # to call or you leave an emergency message with the answering service & there often is a covering Doctor. Right???? Call back & see.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• THEIR Doctor....try another 24 hour clinic. OR an ER.It seems to me that they should have seen a Doctor days ago, before it became an Emergency. Good luck.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 11:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• seems like yr daughter is having asevere throat infection she needs anti biotics
    doctormom2011

Answer by doctormom2011 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011