How can I get rid of worms in a Cat with a home remedy. $ short

My Cooper kitty is a year old and has worms not sure what like other than thier very small and strech way far when alive. I know galic cloves work on Dog's but dose it on Cat's too? Help

tushpush1966

Asked by tushpush1966 at 10:06 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pets

• i'm not sure and i don't want to guess about something as serious as this . he is very cute..i am a cat fanatic. here is a bump. good luck..bump

gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• There is no natural remedy. Things you can do is get rid of whats causing them. Fleas usually cause them so make sure the fleas are gone from the house and the cat. Watch the cat after that and unless they have severe symptoms it could do away on its own. You can try over the county worm treatment (less than $10) but they dont always work. You can try though. Walmart and Pet stores usually have them. Ideally though you should call your vet. If you are lucky and have a decent relationship with your vet they may have you just come in and pick up medication and pay just the cost of the medication without charging for a visit.

Answer by gemgem at 10:21 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yup, sounds like tapeworms which are caused by fleas. I've never heard of a safe home remedy, cats metabolisms are real slow and their kidneys and liver can't tolerate human medicine. Garlic doesn't kill worms... it's suppose to act like a repelent to fleas and mosquidoes, but I don't think it works very well. Praziquantal (Droncit) is what you need to kill tapes... you may find some at PetsMart. Good Luck!
    tnunley

Answer by tnunley at 2:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• This is something you will need to get from the vet. To save some money you should be able to drop off a stool safe for them to look at and then they will prescribe the meds. If it is tape worms keep the cat on a flea preventive (the good stuff not the cheap stuff from petstore) consistantly and that will help prevent them as well as a few others in the future (depending on the product).
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• BUMP sorry I have no idea. I have usually gone to the petstore to buy the otc stuff.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:54 PM on Apr. 9, 2011