My 14 month fell on his face and his mouth started to bleed it looked like from behind his tooth and the inner top lip right in the middle where the skin is from lip to goom the bleeding stoped and he has a fat lip now. should i take him to the ER to be safe/ adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If the blood is not gushing then there is no reason to take him. Just keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't look infected over the next couple of days.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 10:11 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That happened to my Son a while ago. The Pediatrician took a look at him & said he did not need stitches and asked if he lost consciousness, vomited or acted dizzy or lethargic and as long as he had none of those symptoms he did not need to go to the ER. Don't put him down for a nap for a few hours at least. Hope I helped!

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:25 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No he should be ok. I hate when my little ones fall and get bumps, bruises, and cuts too:( But its all apart of learning
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• He should be fine. The mouth heals really quickly. My son just did that not a week ago. He's 28 months. It can be scary for them, and for you to see that blood, but as long as it stopped, he should be fine. You can see if he'll let you put a little ice pack on it, if not then just give him a little bit of pain killer for his aches.
    ACL2007

Answer by ACL2007 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• When they start walking, they fall alot. I think he will be fine. Watch him and if at any time you as his mom think that you should take him to the er, Do it...Me personaly I freak out when I see blood on one of my kids. When my son was two him and his brother was jumbing rocks and one hit him in the head. I put him in the car and was going to take him then I noticed he had a small cut but it blead alot.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 2:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I freaked out the first time this happened to my son and I called the er asking them what I should do they told me that if he didn't get knocked out when this happened than not to worry about it.
    mary_whtsn

Answer by mary_whtsn at 4:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Mouths BLEED, remember that--but it doesn't mean it's as bad as it looks. As long as he's acting normally, there's no reason to take him to the ER. No reason to go to the doctor or anything, either, unless something else comes up, like you notice a chipped tooth or infection. It will look better before too long, and he'll stop thinking about it even before that. Been through it twice in the last month with both of my kids, and it doesn't take long at all. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 4:33 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• as long as everything in his mouth looks OK then it isn't necessary
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 12:01 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Mouth's tend to bleed a lot! If the tooth feels loose I would get it checked, otherwise just ice it!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 12:33 PM on Apr. 4, 2011