Thanks to all the hatred.

The hatred on this site and in this section reaffirms my Faith.

Thank you.

I have discovered how intolerant Atheists are.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Ongoing debate.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:40 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Not all atheists are intolerant just like not all religious people are over zealous. It's just the opinionated people who tend to make their voices heard. To be honest in posting this you're showing yourself as intolerant. By the way, no, I'm not an atheist.
    kayalouise

Answer by kayalouise at 10:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I read these questions and I have not seen any hatred and especially not hatred from so -called "atheists". In fact, usually I fnd that "atheists" are more tolerant and less narrow minded and mean...they don't force their churches beliefs on everyone and they certainly don't insist that you will go to hell if you don't accept Jesus as your Savior.
    By the way, I believe in God.
    Please, point out where there has been any "Hatred" here?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 10:38 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If people hate you dearie, it is because you clearly lack social skills.  That is your problem, not ours.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:05 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm a Christian, and while the Athiests on here do give me a sprited debate, and keep me on my toes, I've not found any of them to be intolerant, rude or anything but as pleasant as I am to them. They only want and deserve respect as any of the rest of us do. They are as entitled to their rights to not believe,as we are to our rights to believe. OP I honestly think, if you give them a chance,and not come out of your corner swinging blindly, you will see they are not as bad as you think. They are actually very nice people.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Okay, so you're posting a hate filled post to bash others for their supposed hate? Am I the only one that sees the irony there? What faith is it that this has strengthened? Because I'm thinking it's one I wouldn't want to ever consider being a part of! I love love way to much!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:26 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Wait are you the same anon that posts a single thought on two or three lines always telling Atheists how horrible we are for not believing the same as you? I think if you would relook at the conversations with fresh eyes you wil see you brought the "hostility" on yourself and not just from Atheists but across varying faiths. There really are only4 or 5 Atheists that are regulars in this section and even we don't always get along. So clearly the problem is you, not us. I can say if this is the case, you certainly won't be missed, not that we knew who you were anyways as you were always hiding behind anon to cause trouble. Don't let the door hit you.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Honestly, I find your "question" quite graceless. It's time for people to grow up and realize that they are individually disliked for their attitude, not their religion, whichever one that may be. Do you really think your god appreciates you using him as the scapegoat for your bad attitude?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• OP, are confusing hatred and intolerance with disagreeing with you again?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm sorry if anyone as given you a hard time but, forgive me, I don't think the atheists you've come in contact with are intolerant because they're atheists. They're probably intolerant because they're just not very pleasant people. I've met a good deal of intolerant Christians, Jews, Muslims, atheists etc. I've also met some really wonderful people belonging to each of these faiths, or to no faith at all. I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it, but I would hate myself if I didn't point that out.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 2, 2011