Should I tell my boss about a difficult co-worker?

I work in a small office where team work is very very important. One of my co-workers has been there for a lot longer than the rest off us and has an attitude that it's her right to tell us what to do, not share informations, not teach us things she knows - just lets us make mistakes that are easily advoided if she just shared the info. She is a good person, but really hard to work with. The company wants to grow, but since she has seniority she will not follow any new proceedures or take into consideration any new ideas. I am leaving this company because it's time for me to relocate, but I would've stayed longer if I felt like I was able to grow in this company and have had all my ideas for increasing productivity be shot down because she can't take changes. Should I tell my boss this, or just leave it at "I'm relocating"?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Money & Work

• Let it go, don't look problematic, you never know if you will have to work with these people in your field in the future. What is the point anyway, it's a job not your Company. Her Supervisor should see these issues and if they don't then it is their problem.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Only if you are given the opportunity for an Exit Interview.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 10:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Well said 'paulie....take the high road - I can do that.

I'm just concerned about the business- I really like the owners and I want it to do well and maybe bring to there attention that it might not get to where they need it without coaching this person.

But - taking the high road is a lot easier!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• *their
    Anonymous

• I would menchen in to your boss. Maybe he/she is to busy to notice. A bad apple spoils the bunch. If her actions seem to bring down the company then she needs to be told or let go. It's business not personal.

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 10:44 AM on Apr. 2, 2011