is it ever really worth doing it?

Is it ever really worth going on a "break" in a relationship? i feel like i just need to get away for a little bit and clear my head and think and realize some things and at the same time make him realize if he doesnt straighten up that he will lose me...

is it ever worth doing that though??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 3:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• yes breaks do help! seriously. I told my BF that I was taking a break, and just needed some time to myself, Im really tired of the only one putting an effort in the relationship etc etc. and I needed time to think and evaluate what I want and expect in a relationship. well that was a week ago and I keep getting I love you txts on my phone from him and actually tonight got a I love u, i love u, i love u, i love u text. he is reliezing that i am serious and that yes, our relationship is in jeopordy. I never go more than a day without atleast txing him, and I have gone a week, so he knows that I am serious and he is finally trying to step up to the plate and put in some effort.
    so yes in my situation a break helped. I think that it is good. You can get some time to yourself, and think. You can also see how it is when your not talking and how you handle this time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think it can help a great deal. But don't just do it to make him scared that you'll really leave. Do it to actually get a break and rethink your situation. Of course, putting a little fear into him is a bonus..lol.
    Jill42721

Answer by Jill42721 at 4:59 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I think it might work in a relationship but I wouldn't agree if it were in a marriage (excluding violence). Hard to work on a problem if you're not there to actually work on it.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Be careful because it might actually backfire...
    Anonymous

• I believe that it is worth it in the long run. if things are all crazy right now and you feel u need a break from it all I say do it I was in an11 year relationship even married and divorced him then got back with him. I needed to take a break but I didn't, because I thought i would be doing wrong. Now I wished that i would have because now I feel like I wasted Years of my life on something I tried 2 change but never did. I hope you do what you think is right I wish you the best
    sae931

Answer by sae931 at 10:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2008