How do I find my baby's father's commanding officer or SSN?

My baby's father is in the army and we haven't been dating that long when we found out I was pregnant, right after we found out, he got orders to be stationed somewhere else. Since then, we talked every once in a while and he said he will help but he never did! Before my daughter was born he refused to give me any of his information (I only had his first and last name)to put on her birth certificate. Since she was born I haven't heard from him so I filed for child support. Now she is 2 months old and the Child Support Agency said they can't do anything unless I have his SSN, they told me to contact his C.O. to get his SSN. I gues I have several questions, How do I find his C.O. If I don't know where he is stationed? Is there any other legal way to get his SSN or any other information? How would I be able to get him to take a DNA test to prove to him she is his baby? Is there any other kind of assistance I can get now that I am a single mom with a full time job?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• if u know his unit like where he goes for drills then call them and see if u cant talk to his c.o..but other than that im not sure..mb if u knew his bday they might be able to go off that, but i dont understand why they cant go off his name...good luck
    Ksmomma30

Answer by Ksmomma30 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'd start with what you did know. Where was he stationed? Call around there and see what kind of info you can get. Do you know any of his family or friends? If you talk to the right person, you could get all the info you need. Check out military websites, I know my boyfriends mom put his mailing address on one or more. Look for him on facebook and other sites like that as well, if you can find the city he's in it may be easy to figure out what base he's at.

I did a quick google, this link may help
    http://usmilitary.about.com/library/howto/htarmylocate.htm
    camiam81

Answer by camiam81 at 11:49 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Thank you all for responding to my questions, I will try everyone's suggestions and see what happens
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• You can contact someone in the recruiters office maybe they will help you. But then again it is private info. GL. There are websites that will tell you where they are or if they are active duty or not.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011