Summer activities while pregnant

I hope to go on short hikes andthe zoo. Maybe camping not sure yet. walking, taking dogs outon boat and nice walks and hikes. Maybe it wil be easier after baby is born. What is your take on it? I also want to be active so labor comes quick and easy.

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I did all that stuff while I was pregnant. I rode my racing bike until 34 weeks (my knees were WAAAY out to the sides!). I went walking and hiking (NEVER alone), just brought snacks and water. Swam and went to the gym the whole time. You can definitely do all of those while you're pregnant. Once Baby is here, I kept up with most of it, and now that he's older, I have a seat for him on my bike that I can take off and put on. I had a trailer when he was younger. Get a good carrier for the baby (I love the Ergo Baby, but Becco and Moby are also good). Staying active didn't really impact my labor, but it made recovery REALLY smooth, which is really good after a c-section. I was back to 4 mile walks 2 weeks post partum.
    Good luck!!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I swam during my pregnancy. it was great for am and the baby.
    gutterflower585

Answer by gutterflower585 at 11:36 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I will do just as I did before I was pregnant. I plan on still exercising which is riding the eliptical at least 3 times a week, going boat riding, swimming and playing & walking my dogs! You can do all those things that you mentioned!
    saysmom

Answer by saysmom at 3:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011