Do you ever get treated like your childs pedatricians patient instead of you child?

Cuz i do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• yep and it makes me mad
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 12:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sure, they talk to me like a child until I bring it to their attention or use some more extended vocabulary and rephrase what they just said.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I've had one ped talk to me that way. When he did, I reminded him that I was my children's mother, and given their ages, I must be an adult so he could feel comfortable using big words with me. He was a bit shocked that I spoke to him so sarcastically, and I told him that I was showing him the same respect he'd been showing to me, and once he changed, I'd be happy to change as well. That was the last time he ever spoke to me that way.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 11:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yeah she would pretend to hear me and laugh at me when I left. She did this with all parents I noticed she was is not at Kaiser anymore its not hard to get rid of Kaiser doctors if they keep doing it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We have a great pediatrician!! Sometimes I feel left out!! HAHAHA!!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 12:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Our first pediatrician had the attitude that every parent is an idiot. He talked down to me and actually stopped seeing my ds because we dared to question his judgment! (Extended fever with no treatment, when we tried to schedule an appt to discuss it he refused, so off we went). The next wasn't so great either, but the ones we have now (my boys have different docs) are wonderful and I wish I had been with them from the start!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011