Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


I really need to go to the doctors, i have no insurance but people are saying to go to the ER and tell them to bill me later. So i guess my question is what are me and my boyfriend to do? i know this is a really stupid question. so if ur just going to say something rude please dont say nothing.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (6)
  • Most towns have free clinics. If not the ER is an option. Remember to ask if they do a spin down program where they charge you less because of your insurance/financial situation.
    Are you actually sick? If so, I'd say go on to the ER...worry about the bill later.
    Also, when I didn't have insurance, my doctor would let me pay half down and pay the rest the following week. Maybe you could do that with your doctor as well?

    Answer by Jill42721 at 5:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • Contact your social services office to see if they can recommend a clinic or if they host a clinic, because a lot do. However, if that isn't an option, obviously you would have to wait until Monday, you could go to the ER. They will just bill you later, however, they may ask for a copay at the time of visit, but they won't until after you are seen. And a lot do have an program for non insured people.

    Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 8:42 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • by me we have a program that you quailify for by income. It is kinda like regular insurance but not really. We pay $15 for a dr visit $10 for lab work and the Rx are written on a special pad and you take it to the pharmacy around the corner from the place and you get it at a reduced price. I get 3 mos worth of zoloft for under $10 it's generic but same thing. You should call the DHHR office by you to see if they have the same program by you or something close to it. You should also give it a shot and see if you can get a state medical card. They not only have the regular medical card but many different programs on program you pay X amount out of pocket then the card will kick in.

    Answer by babyfat5 at 9:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • Check to see if there are any free clinics in your town.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:16 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • I agree with all of the above. We have a clinic in town that charges based on income. If you opt for the ER, your bill is going to be massive!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

  • Most hospitals have a financial aid form you can fill out right then and there if you just explain your situation. Good luck

    Answer by salexander at 12:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in General Parenting
Why do I feel soo gulity

Next question overall (Just for Fun)