Help for my grandmother

My 86 yo grandmother just moved in with my family. She wants to be somewhat independent since there will be times when no one is home. We got her a microwave and it has flat buttons on it that she isn't strong enough to really push. Can anyone give me some ideas on how to rig it so that she can push the buttons herself?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I'd call a Senior Citizens Agency and ask them. They usually have great ideas for seniors. As for the microwave I'd tell her to use a wooden spoon handle and push the buttons that way. The weight of her pressing on the handle might be stronger than just pushing them with her finger. Possibly her thumb would give more force than her fingers too. Just some thoughts.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:47 AM on Apr. 2, 2011

• use a pencil to push it with??
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 12:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Like admackenzie said . . . . end of a wooden spoon or the handle end of a brush.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011