ER Help

I really need to go to the doctors, i have no insurance but people are saying to go to the ER and tell them to bill me later. So i guess my question is what are me and my boyfriend to do? i know this is a really stupid question. so if ur just going to say something rude please dont say nothing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If this a problem with your pregnancy, then go, let them charge you later, if it's for the health of your baby then you'll find a way to pay it back i'm sure. Good Luck.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 5:14 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• if it's an emergency, go to the ER. Otherwise, do not use the ER bc you do not have insurance. This is not to be harsh, but people do this and it clogs up the ER and diminishes quality care. My mom worked the ER as a nurse and would talk about this all the time and how much harm it does. If there is an after hours clinic near you, try that first. Like I said, though, if you are in dire need, the ER will treat you even with no insurance (at least I know public/county hospitals will). Good luck.
    MammaMia72

Answer by MammaMia72 at 5:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i personally always go to urgent care first
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 10:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Most hospitals will have a clinic that will take you with no insurance. If they won't take you, then yeah go to the ER, because a regular Dr office won't take you. If you're pregnant, you need to go to the food stamp office and sign up for Medicaid so you can get prenatal care, and if approved, they will back pay for this ER visit.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I had a m/c and went to the ER with no health insurance. Told them I had no cash and they said they would send me the bills. Two weeks later they sent me a letter saying they were only going to charge me $100 for everything they did, which was almost 6 grand. Just go, they cant turn you away. Good luck.
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 4:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2008