Why do people think that obama will be a bad president?

Okay so how does anyone know if he will be good or bad. Hell for all we know mcCain could of been bad or he could of been the best president. We just dont know whats coming til we experience it. How can anybody be for sure that he will be bad or good? WE DONT! I just dont get it. Everybody thought president bush would be the best when in all reality he was the worse I think.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• both bushes are/were the worst! both time the lazy, non-concerned asses almost tossed our country. So any president following those foot steps have to be better that what we just got rid of..& not fast enough in my book. I think obama offers alot. he is not just a president elect. he stands for a country who still has scares form our civil war, many has over come, but there is still a big majority that has not. Still very stupid in the way that color has something to do with a degree in sociaty. we are america, if you choose to be poor and pittyful, it is your choice. in America, if ther isnt a job, you create one. IT IS that easy! if you are not educated, it is your choice, as education is free. to be continued...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• cont. from above....obama has alot of pressure on him. failure is not an option. i hope he can withstand the pressure that we have put upon him & his family. Hehas to be more that "just" our president..he has to prove himself worthy. So sad, we still see him as a southern negro, & not a wonderful black American President! I am proud of him. He stands for the underdog, as American we all pride ourselves upon our strenght thru diverse times, and still come out ahead. That would be what obama stands for. I think he will be an excellant president for everythig he stands for. As would mcain, if elected...he just didnt/dont have as big of a pair of shoes to fill as obama does...im done with my speech...sory!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• This is completely an opinion question. How can you justify that both Bushes were horrible presidents. I think Clinton was a worthless president. It all depends on what you view as bad/ horrible or the best. I really don't know what Obama has instore for this country starting in Jan. 2009 but by his press conferences, I think he isn't going to keep his promises to the people who voted for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:53 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I've noticed Obama moving more toward the right also, now that the election is over (for instance, the "stimulus package" that is being used to build up the infrastructure... how many people who voted for him thought that meant another check in the mail to them?) But he's got the job now, I'll keep and open mind until I see what he does with it (besides, it's Nancy Pelosi that scares the hell out of me!)
    I lived in TX under W as governor and I never had a problem with him. It's not just the person who's elected, it's the situations and circumstances that are beyond their control that define the presidency. I'm sure alot of anti-Bush people out there who are mad about the war in Iraq were howling for blood on Sept 12, 2001. I know I was! All the service men/women I've met since then are committed to getting Iraq under control and training their police/ millitary forces as well as finding that jerkweed Bin Laden.
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I don't know why we keep having these topics because its over! but I think Clinton was the worste.. My hubby was military and his check stopped for 3 months under Clinton. We almost lost our house and they tried to take my car. We never had an issue under Bush. Sorry Bush didn't have playtime in the Oval office.. He had more important things to do.
    aimige

Answer by aimige at 8:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• None of the presidents are perfect, I voted for obama and i don't believe thatt every thing he does is going to be perfect. All I hope is that when he takes office that he can help this country , It is going to take awhile to get back on track. And if anybody thinks it was going to happen overnight then they are clueless. I truly believe the people in Washington didn't think the country is as bad off as it really is. We all need to come together..........
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• i don't think anyone is perfect or without fault. but, i do believe that obama is pragmatic enough to do what is best for our country (given the current state) regardless of typical partisan policies or politics.

i think some are very bitter that he won and don't want him to succeed as president. that, i think is very anti-american. why would you not want any president to succeed and make this country better for yourself and fellow americans?
    prettylob1

Answer by prettylob1 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• "So sad, we still see him as a southern negro, & not a wonderful black American President!"

Who sees him that way? I don't! I don't care what color he is - I just don't like his politics! But I obviously want him to succeed because I want our country and its citizens to do well.

He's also not a black American President - he's bi-racial. Why do people keep saying he is black?
    JenMomofGGTwins

Answer by JenMomofGGTwins at 9:18 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• The Republicans on the right tried to paint a picture of Obama as the most liberal, tree-higgin', free lovin', gun bannin' "elitist" in favor of "abortion on demand" presidential candidate ever, and it just wasn't true. He is a centrist, and more conservative than they assumed, and THAT is what helped people come together and elect him. I think he has taken time to examine all the people around him in Washington and will appoint them to positions they are best suited for (as opposed to the rampant cronyism with the Bush/Cheney regime). I don't think he will be a bad president. This man is motivated by a sincere desire to make our country get back on the right track and make it great for ALL, not just those at the top.
    yogapantz

Answer by yogapantz at 9:26 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Only time will tell how well he stands on his promises and cleans up America!! I pray for the best but know he will have a longgggg road ahead of him.
    What I don't get is who gives a flying rats ass what color his skin is!!! Just becuase your not white does not mean you are dumb. People need to get off the color thing. Same with him being the first African American. Yeah it is a mile stone in this country for a man of another race to be elected but who cares!! We just need to know that he is a true American and will stand up for and clean up this country!!!
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 9:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2008