Have you ever been to a monster truck show?

At what age do you feel its appropriate to take your children?

Precious333

Asked by Precious333 at 12:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Entertainment

• never been but it looks like fun i would like to go one day....maybe i might put that on my bucket-list...but i don't see anything wrong with involving the children...as long as you are with your kids and they are not part of the show (hahahah) then any age might be fine
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• no, but i want to take my boys to one.
    sokkamum

Answer by sokkamum at 12:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm asking because my mom hjas been to one and says my kids will not be able to handle it at ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. I'm honestly mostly concerned for my oldest because he is soooo sensitive to noise....but he's also the one we want to see it most becvause he LOVES all cars and ytrucks etc. My mom says its was soooo loud and can get crazy too. My son is so sensitive that some kid rides at disneyland he wont even go on....like Alice in Wonderland and Winnie the Pooh! He also had a hard time with sdeeing Toy Story 3 in the theatre.
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 12:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes, and when they show an interest and are no longer afraid of loud noises. My kids are 3 & 4. I would take my 3yo but my 4yo simply isn't ready. It's different for each child.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thanks!!! I feel he isn't ready, but my husband is very disappointed and really wants to take him!
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 12:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I've never been to a monster truck show, but I have been to several tractor pulls, demolition derbies, drag races, etc. They can get very loud. I think I would wait until they were a little older and weren't so sensitive to the noise, because I know it can very scary. Maybe you could take them to a World of Wheels show instead or something similar, where the cars/trucks are stationary.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 12:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• They are too young. I took my son and his best friend last year. They are 8, and I felt just old enough. It is CRAZY loud, I was even wearing ear plugs, and they were too. Wait a bit. They will love it when they are older.
    Inloveagain

Answer by Inloveagain at 12:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We took ours this year and they really enjoyed it.. They are 3 and almost 2
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Most of them sell ear muffs.. to protect little ears
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 12:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yes they do, but I'm just worried that it may still be too loud for them or that they may fight keeping them on!
    Precious333

Comment by Precious333 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011