Question about c-section

hey i just found out i am pregnant agian. i had a emergancy c section w my first child bc i had preeclampsia and my placenta abrupted and stuff n i had her at 29wks i was wondering if yu hav ea c-section are do you have to hae another when you have another child or can you do it naturally or does it depend on the hospital or drs?

how likely is it to get preeclampisa agian and hve a preemie agian also?

alw06tchs

Asked by alw06tchs at 12:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Most doctors when they do the first c-section want to them again, it is easier for them and they avoid getting sued, but some doctors will let you at least try to go the natural route.

Answer by older at 12:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• back in the day
    once a c section, always a c section
    not the case anymore
    however many factors go into chance you can have natural the 2nd time around

all good questions for your doctor,and as you just found out, may be too early for most factors

here is hoping you have zero health issues this time and have the most natural pleasant labor experience !
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• oh ok i want to try natural i was kinda glad that i had the c section with my first but i would like to try natural
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thanks alot i hope it is good to my dr is going to be tired of me asking questions
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• my dr wouldn't do it. they say its higher risk. my friend had to call a few drsbefore finding one that would let her deliver naturally. i would have to say the second c section was alot easier on my body i went through 11 hrs of labor for my dd to turn around and poop in me :( healing was alot better and so much faster. if you really want to go natural find a dr.

whitenena

Answer by whitenena at 12:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• http://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-birth-after-cesarean-vbac_1420895.bc

hope thos helps you mama...good luck with all...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 12:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yea i know my first c section was good i healed good and stuff i dont really care but i would like to try natural
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thanks
    alw06tchs

• Depending on your medical system, you will probably be followed more closely by a perinatologist. If you want the chance to have a natural baby, then ask your OB if he does VBAC. If not, you may need to switch OB's to even be considered for that. There might be a chance that your placental issues may interfere with you being a good candidate for natural birth.

As far as I know, just because you had pre-eclampsia in your first pregnancy does not mean you will repeat in the next. But, you are at higher risk if it riuns in your family, if you are over 35, or if you deal with any chronic health conditions. But, that is just a risk, not a given.

Your OB can go over all of this with you at your next prenatal visit.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yea thanks this has helped alot
    alw06tchs

Comment by alw06tchs (original poster) at 12:34 PM on Apr. 2, 2011