I'm trying to get my toes wet on playdate partys and it was sugested to me that i get a bunch of my mom friends together and do one myself so i could get in some practice but the thing is i don't have many friends with kids in town... is there anyone intown that'd be interusted in coming out for a mid day week day playdate at a park where us moms can also play with jewelry (you can purchase but there's no requirement to do so.)

Also since im trying to get a group together for an event not really to buy anything i wasn't sure where to put this question so if you know and yu can help me out there too please let me know.

FDMom2Monkeys

Asked by FDMom2Monkeys at 12:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• check with your local cafemom groups to see more local moms.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Check out da parent Ed groups in ur community thru parks n rec or da community college. Also go to meetup.com to meet mr moms in ur kids age group. U want playdates within their age group when they're little
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thanks i'll cheack that out.
    FDMom2Monkeys

Comment by FDMom2Monkeys (original poster) at 12:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• huh?? Im trying to see why this is a difficult thing... "get my feet wet". Pick up the phone and just say "hey wanna come over and let the kids play"

Maybe I missed something... this really isnt a hard thing to do.
    Anonymous

• I re-read the question... I think it is HUGELY tacky to sell at a playdate.

You need to choose... either have the moms (only) over for a jewelry party OR have them with their kids to play. I would NOT attend a so called playdate with someone who just wants to pimp their wares. I would feel that it is an insincere request to meet and just away for them to make money.

Sorry so blunt... but that is my VERY honest opinion.

Anonymous