Potty Training A 3 1/2 yr Old :(

I have a question. I am potty training my daughter & she knows how to go in the potty. Only way she will do it is if she doesnt wear any underwear or pants because if she does she will pee them up & we cant use pull-ups she will do the same thing so we have her in a night gown with nothing underneath. Any suggestions to help pls??

adorabl3

Asked by adorabl3 at 12:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• we had the same problem and eventually she grew out of it once we pushed enough. good luck!
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• If the night gown/dress w/ no panties works at home, then keep doing it. If you need to go out, put on panties or a pull up and reward (stickers, etc) for each hour that she stays dry, or everytime she uses the potty.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 12:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I definitely want to know about this because son is almost 3.5 and he isn't potty trained yet.
    mrsjksimmons

Answer by mrsjksimmons at 12:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• well personally i was always able to get away with the streachy pants and underwear that was easier for them to pull down but if she still has accidents that way i'd figure maybe its just that she doesn't realize she has to go till shes about to go so i'd try to really stay on top of her and start with streachy pants that you help her remove for the first few times then start to try to get her topull them down herself and make sure to praise her lots for doing so successfully. good luck.
    FDMom2Monkeys

Answer by FDMom2Monkeys at 12:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We got my nephew a small blues clues toilet that got him excited to use it. He'd just sit on it when he didn't have to go & love to show everyone his toilet.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My Daughter is 3 1/2 and we are JUST getting her potty trained. I really thought it was never gonna happen. To get her to start going, I bought a potty seat that you place on top of the larger toiley seat that had Dora on it and made her a potty chart and everytime she went, she got to put 1 sticker on for peeing and two for pooping. I still put a diaper on her at night because she will still have accidents while asleep. She is getting better at the overnight thing tho. She pees before bed and right when she wakes up. If she has not peed in the diaper overnight, I will give her a special treat like oatmeal for breakfast, which I know oatmeal is not special but she LOVEs it lol and it works so I go with it. I know it is hard but just keep talking to her and helping her out. I really went through the same thing and it did not help til I started the "other" potty and sticker chart. Hope this helps! Hang in there!
    punkypreggo

Answer by punkypreggo at 5:58 PM on Apr. 4, 2011