Drinking Liquor and Being a MOM!!! adult content

We see so much on TV, either reality shows or sitcoms, where the moms meet to drink or sneak to drink or go out to drink. I was just wondering honestly how often do we (as mothers) drink? Do you drink in front of your children? How about to the point of intoxication (being drunk)? Do you sneak drink? Do you feel your drinking influences your being a mom, good or bad?

For myself...I drink maybe 3 to 4 times a month (special occassions, occassional wine with a meal), if it is casual then yes I drink in front of my children, otherwise I save it for when I got out with friends, I'm pretty sure my son has seen me drunk before, but definitely not plastered (regretful behavior, excessive cursing, etc) I'm grown so no sneaking on my part. I'm a great mom, drinking has no influence on that!!!

2boyz2pray4

Asked by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• If i drink in front of the kids I always stick it in a normal cup. I drink smirnoffs once in a while but I don't get fall down stupid drunk. Don't get me wrong I HAVE gone out with the girls and cut loose this year (regretted it the next day, can we say hungover?) but that was after the kids were in bed and I was home, showered and in bed when they woke up.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• In European countries they drink and their parents drink in front of them they learn responsible use of alcohol my kids have seen me drink but I was never drunk having a beer once and a while or a glass of wine is not bad.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• well right now I'm pregnant and have an 18 month old. Drinking hasnt been on my mind in a while. Growing up my mom enjoyed drinks, it wasnt a big deal. Beer on football sundays, at cookouts, margarita at dinner, wine.. But my mom never got drunk. She only had one or two drinks ever. I think there is a line. There is a difference is drinking to relax and drinking to get drunk. If I wanted to get drunk I would have my parents watch my kids and DH and I would go enjoy ourselves. But we dont really do that.
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 1:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My son will never see me "drunk"...i i have a beer or a glass of wine in front of him, yeah. i may even catch a buzz from that...any parent that gets wasted or drunk in front of their kids shouldnt be having kids
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 1:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I do not drink period... wine or anything. I feel it is inappropriate behavior in general, not just for parents. I do not judge those who do though. Too each their own
    lyvi

Answer by lyvi at 1:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I drink Friday & Saturday nights only. I have no desire to drink during the weekdays. I drink in front of my DD. No reason to hide the fact that adults drink alcohol. I have been buzzed in front of her, but usually...if I'm catching a good buzz...we're at some sort of family function or a kid friendly party. On the weekends, by the time i am actually buzzed...she is asleep.

I enjoy a my drinks with DH on the weekends.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i don't ever get falling down drunk tho...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have a beer or something a few times a week, if I have it in the house,but I don't drink liquor much anymore because I usually can't afford it. I don't drink around DD, though. I got drunk last Saturday because it was my BFF's 21st birthday and we got together with our guys at her house and just talked and goofed off. If I could afford it, I would probably drink more often.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm a mother-to-be & before I was pregnant I was in my 2nd attempt at A.A. My mom doesn't drink at all & I moved in w her. I want to be a great mom & I haven't drank but honestly it's a struggle! My whole family scoffs me but they & my friends are by my side. I'll probably post after the baby for help. I have no other weaknesses. No drug habits, I hate smoke, I don't shop excessively, collect shoes, dating....well at all Lol. Well, thanks for posting this cause it's really an important topic.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 1:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I drink wine just about every night , liquor & everything else occasionally id say about 5 times a month maybe more depending. I NEVER get drunk...just don't like the feeling of not being in control of myself. My kids see me drink but rarely. Here we call it mom & dads Mojo so the kids understand what it is & that they are not allowed to touch it.

iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 1:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2011