Dance/Cheer/Gymnastics?

When I was a little kid I did gynastics and cheer. And dance when I was really little. But I am now 20 (I know not old) with a son. I feel like I should be a part of one of these still, but I feel like I don't fit in because I am older with a baby and family. Anyone out there that thinks I should or shouldn't call around and get back into one? Any advice actually?! Lol. Thanks!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• If you think you can do it, go for it.. don't EVER let the fact that you have a family hold you back.. yes, think of them but also do what makes you happy and balance life out to keep it fair.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I did competitive cheer until I was in high school. I was hoping to one day have a girl so that I could have her do it too. But I will have 2 boys come august and we're not having anymore children. Go for it if you can do it! I would love to still do it, but my body says otherwise :)
    ArmyWifeAshlie

Answer by ArmyWifeAshlie at 1:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Gymnastics and cheer both have a greater chance for injury, and as a mom, it's more than yourself you risk -- your family needs you 'able-bodied'. Adult dance classes aren't that unusual. You can probably find one in most areas. GL :-)
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 2:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Why not? Get out there! Have fun with it.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 11:31 AM on Apr. 3, 2011

• I say go for it! Everybody needs to do something they love, and if you feel like you should still be a part of one of these activities, then you should!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 5:16 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Do it! If we had the $$$ I would be in every kind of dance class I could find!!
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 9:40 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• :-) I know the feeling, I was in all as well. After all 3 of my kids were born, I got back into gymnastics by teaching. It was so fun ! My kids got to grow up at the gym. I remember thinking Who am I and what do I like to do? After having 3 kids in 4 years, I sort of lost myself. The decision to get back in to something I was very passionate about was a joy. Life is short. You will never know until you try new things. If it doesn't work, you can always make changes. You are young, follow your heart. Good luck.....
    LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 9:48 PM on Apr. 3, 2011

• Now that you have a child, it may be harder to get back in the gym and do gymnastics. It depends on your body. Just listen to your body... if you feel you can't do some of the tricks and things that other gymnasts can do, then maybe it's time to move on. Your body will tell you. Just go with your gut.
    Mari6443

Answer by Mari6443 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2011