Im i wrong????

i think naptime should be a time where the kids close their eyes lay down and sleep with maybe nice soothing music. but im bf lets his kids watch tv for naptime even when they didnt go to bed til late and woke up super early. i am the only one whoo thinks this?

goobersmom713

Asked by goobersmom713 at 12:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• to each their own but I do naptime like you do.. sleep. he must be more into quiet "dont bug me" time.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 12:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Kids should be in their bedroom when it comes to nap time lay down no tv
    Donnabell_nyc

Answer by Donnabell_nyc at 12:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My kids were not nappers, so I am very strict with bedtime and nighttime sleep, but super-lenient with naps. On the days that my kids actually nap, they have a very hard time getting to sleep and staying asleep. My youngest is 2 1/2.

I tend to be more concerned with a full, good night's sleep, and I don't make plans or go out at night because I like to keep bedtimes static.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• see when its just me watching them i let them lay on the couches but i dont let them watch tv i make themm face the back of the couch and listen to the music and they take wonderful naps
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 1:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• is he doing quiet time or nap time?

how old is the child? My kids quit napping when they were 2- but we started doing quiet time when they stopped taking naps
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• my ds is allowed to watch tv and play with toys if he doesnt want to take a nap, but he still has to stay in his room for about an hr to 2hrs for quiet time or nap time. some times he'll take a nap other days he wont. but i am not going to force him to lay down and make it harder for him to sleep at night if he's not tired enough to lay down and sleep during the day.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 1:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• ones 5 and the others 3 the 5 year old i push to take a nap if we have something special going on or when he is up late the 3 year old still needs one she becomes really bratty with out one and then it makes for a very long unfun night.
    goobersmom713

Comment by goobersmom713 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No, he is wrong and you are right.

Answer by older at 1:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i totally agree with u, just unplug the tv when bf leaves the room...lol
    nicoleNjeanna

Answer by nicoleNjeanna at 1:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• my kids wont nap anymore they are almost 6 and 3 years. My oldest stopped at 18 months when we moved here. Her other room was a lot darker so I think it was keeping her awake at naptime. My 3 year old just stopped right before turning 3 in January. I call it naptime, but it is more quiet time I do it because that is the ONLY time I get to myself. So I let them watch tv. Now on school days when it is bedtime they get to watch tv 8-830 and then tv and lights out. Now on days there are no school I put them to bed anywhere from 9-10 and I let them watch tv until they fall asleep.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 1:15 PM on Apr. 2, 2011