How much clothes should I by for a new baby and what sizes?

I am going to be buying baby clothes this is our 3rd baby so I am not having a shower anything like that and I have never had to buy baby clothes because friends gave me clothes, but everyone around me are having boys and I am having a girl. Do I buy just 0-3 months or do I buy enough until 6 months or 9 months or what? I don't want to have to turn around and by clothes after I just bought some. My kids run in the little over 8 pound range

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would buy everything from newborn to 6 months atleast.... babies grow so fast!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My mom and I have been been slowly buying for my first baby, and we have been purchasing up to 12 months. I figure I'll get alot of newborn stuff at the shower, but I will need stuff for 3-6 months etc... and I have the money for it now. Just make sure to buy stuff that makes sense with age and time of year. Like, someone bought me the cutest winter newborn outfit. My baby will be born in summer! lol.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 1:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I wouldn't buy too far ahead for a baby. My daughter (my 5th child) is 9 months and still fitting into 3 month clothes! So many of the cute 9 month winter outfits that people bought me will never be worn because it will be too hot when she grows into them, but there was no way for people to know that she was going to be very petite before she was born (she wasn't small in utero, she was almost 8 lbs at birth just hasn't grown much since then!). I would buy newborn - 6 months, but no further ahead than that before you see how she's going to grow.

Answer by missanc at 2:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I did the newborn size up to 6 months. Then when they got older I would buy bigger since kids and babies grow so fast. But went 6-months and higher and stored when found a good sale. But always bought clothes for the right season and not to far ahead. They grow out of everything so fast. Plus I would buy the bigger size sometimes cause can shrink in the dryer.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• im having a girl buy 3-6 and alot of 6-9 bigger clothes instead of little clothes and small sizes
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 8:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2011