In regards to the R&B section would it be fair to say.....

that what you get out of it directly relates with what you put into it?

Asked by KristiS11384 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe it would be correct to say that, yes. If you're respectful, you're also respected. If you're mean and pushy, people will push back because it's not appreciated. It is true that something can be misconstrued or misunderstood, but it's up to us to establish our personality and character enough for people to understand how we mean things. Newer people have more issue with that because they don't know how to understand some of the regulars, and don't know how they're coming across. But generally, yes, positivity is met positively, and negativity is treated negatively.

Answer by bandgeek521 at 2:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• This and everything else in life

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yep! I totally agree.

I also think some of it has to do with perception (as others have pointed out) and how much people hang on to bitterness if they do have a bad experience here. If you don't take things personally (or at least try your best not to most of the time), I think it's easier to LET GO if someone has a bad day, is mean to you, or if you get off to a bad start with someone on here. I'm sure just about every one has had a question or an answer that they think they should have reworded or maybe ended up with a misunderstanding with someone now and then, but it's good to not take it personally and move on from it. It's hard enough to communicate IRL, and we have to figure out tone and intent by a bunch of type written words; that can be difficult. Of course, that means everyone is going to read the tone based on their own assumptions about the topic or the person answering, so our perceptions play a big role.

Answer by pam19 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes.

Answer by clarity333 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• :)

Answer by Tarrar at 1:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yup!!

Answer by momavanessa at 1:44 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes, very safe to say this and accurate to boot.

Answer by older at 1:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Eh, maybe for some people, but definitely not everyone.

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 2:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Not for me. I never get what I want out of it & I put some good points in.

Answer by shynu at 2:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Yes (not just that section...but CM in general).. I also believe that perspective plays a big part to.

Of course I believe that about life as a whole. You get what you put into it, and how you perceive it makes a huge difference as well.

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011