DOES ANYONE HAVE AN ENGLISH BULLDOG?

OK, so my eng. bulldog, MACK DADDY, is a big guy. he eats about 4 cups of dry food a day. hes allergic to corn and all products related so he eats venison and rice dog food. BUT HE HAS GAS SOOOO BAD!! and it reeks, (sorry), just wondering if this is just normal or if its a sign of something more serious..

christina110

Asked by christina110 at 1:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pets

• Yes, bully breeds are infamous for flatulence problems. I use fromms surf and turf and it really is better. I have a friend who claims huge results on reducing gas when she switched to solid gold brand food.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Bulldogs are prone to gas because they swallow so much air while eating...I would talk to your vet, they would be able to reccomend a good food that could help.
    little.knickers

Answer by little.knickers at 3:38 PM on Apr. 4, 2011

• Mine had teh same problem until I started her on Orijen gas is bad as well during the change but after they are on it for a bit it stops. I use the red meat one red label. She loves it and I feed her less with this one than I did with the other food she was on. So in long run it saves money. I would google where you could buy it because u can't get it at petsmart or petco.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 1:48 PM on Apr. 9, 2011