What do you usually put in Easter eggs for the Easter egg hunt?

This will be my first year for my son, but I plan on putting candy and small toys.... I can't really think of much else..... my son will turn two in June so I don't really think money would be an option. What are you Mommas putting in your eggs?

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 2:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Candy, toys, Money(get a piggy bank from the Easter Bunny for him and he can learn to save it up, so money might be a good idea anyways)
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• We will play egg hunt with plastic eggs, but we never put anything in them.....the candy or toys are in the basket, which is what we hide on Easter morning. But the egg hunt is just a hide and seek style game we play year round with the kids
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• stickers, fruit snacks or small ad cutouts of toys they get later that wouldn't fit in eggs.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 2:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My kids like stickers and those temp tattoos. I tend to use the leftovers from the valentine's day cards for those. Other than that we do candy and small toys.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have girls ages 9,7 and 6 and we do stickers, candy, play rings, erasers, nail polish, those little bouncey balls, socks, we even did use $5.00 gift cards for bookstore or mcdonalds or even dq, coins for piggy banks, if get big eggs you can do little bottles of bath soap or bubbles, t shirts,
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I put small toys, candy, quarters, and really whatever I see at the store that will fit in them. I have two girls...6 and 8yo.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:22 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My daughter has so much candy left over from Halloween and Christmas still that there is NO WAY we are giving her more for Easter. She LOVES stickers and she LOVES money. She has a big tin can that weighs almost as much as she does because we always give her whatever spare change we have to put in it. It's got at least $60 in there....it's been a while since we counted it. So we plan on putting change (in various increments...she's 2, so we can stick 3 pennies in an egg and she'll be perfectly happy.) in the eggs, and maybe some individual stickers. I might put some of the smaller pieces of leftover candy in the eggs. HA! You can get away with a lot with toddlers because they don't know any different.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Nothing for some, jelly beans in others and the golden egg has chocolate! Yummy! My boys just like finding the eggs!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Great ideas ladies!
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 2:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am putting candy that my lil girl can eat and some toys.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 3:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2011