How do you deal with grief?

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins and recently lost my husband. We hadn't even been married for a year yet. I'm at a loss of how to deal with it. I was just wondering if anyone had gone through the same thing and how they dealt with the grief?

Fiestygoodbye

Asked by Fiestygoodbye at 2:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• I am so sorry for you....PRAYER is the key to everything. I lost my Husband when my daughter was 2 years old and we were married for only 2 years. I was in shock first then grief and my daughter doesn't remember him because she was so young. I put all my energy into work and concentrated on making a good life for me and my daughter and she grew up well.
    Grief is a hard thing especially if you loose your Husband, you and the baby will be fine just PRAY PRAY PRAY for strength to make it through each day......please let me know how you are doing....sister in grief
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am sorry for you loss. Everyone deals with grief differently and in their own time. How one person deals with it may not be appropriate for someone else. It may help to talk to a grief counselor or find a support group. Keep thinking of the babies and make sure they know their father through stories and pictures. They will never meet him but they can know him through you. Make a scrapbook of pictures and stories, talk about him to them. Take it one day at a time, it will get easier but he will always be a part of you in your babies.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am so sorry for your loss. How did he die? U will deal with it as it comes. U r probably in shock.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 2:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• feel betterI haven't lost my husband. I'm sorry for your loss, it must be super hard! If you ever need to talk I'm here for you! Just don't lose yourself, you have to keep up for your children's sake. I know that your pregnant, but you still have to keep up, because if you make yourself upset it puts alot of stress on the babies! Just hang in there and like I said I'm here for you, I know you don't know me, but this is what cafemom is for, for other mom's to help you out.

MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• That's a tough situation to be in. I'm so sorry. After my brother died in high school (we were both seniors), I went to a grief support group and really got a lot out of it. There are different stages of grief you have to go through and it's healthy and normal to go through them. That's what I would recommend for you. Some churches have grief support groups. Do you have friends and family nearby who can help you? I hope and pray you find the help you need. I'm here for you if you need me.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 2:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Blessed are you for having twins...I have twins almost 20...I am so sorry for your loss. I can only imagine what you are going thru with being pregnant and losing their Father. I have only suffered one death in my family and that would be my Mom, she died almost five years ago on Thanksgiving Day of Lung Cancer. I still have times I break down and grieving to me almost is always with you. It get easier after awhile but you two little lives inside you and your Husband can continue living thru you. You have memories that will always be cherished and share those with your babies, although he won't be there in body he is still with you now in spirit and will continue to be during your pregnancy and after. God will always be there and give you the strength to do what you have to do to make it. I am also her if you need someone to talk to. Take Care
    impsug1

Answer by impsug1 at 3:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I am sorry for your loss and things will be tough even after the babies are born. Stay strong for the babies and make a hope chest out of things that belonged to him and they babies will have a keepsake forever .
    I dated a man who's wife died when their baby was 2 weeks old and he did this and it is nothing more then a huge rubbermaid tote filled with things and it is his daughters most prized item.
    is there a support group for those grieving a loss? every town usually has them somewhere. Everyday is hard but you will pull through and one day you will be stronger for it, hang in there and take care.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• im sooo sorry to hear that momma i lost my husband 4 weeks ago he was killed in a car accident on his way home from work were in the same boat
    the only thing i can tell you is to keep your head up and just take everything a day at a time its hard,its really hard and dont be afraid to except help from family and friends if you need to talk you can pm me anytime because trust me i understand
    LABELmeCUTE

Answer by LABELmeCUTE at 8:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• There's a great group in here for widows. Apply to join and I'm betting a lot of them there can give you guidance.

I am sorry for your loss. That really really isn't fair. Just remember you're not alone.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2011