What is your favorite children's book?

That you read growing up and read to your child today

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• One fish, Two fish red fish blue fish.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Goodnight Moon!
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:19 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• A collection of Nursery Rhymes published in the 60's: Childcraft Poems of Early Childhood. We had a copy when I was a kid. It was old and battered then, but the illustrations are beautiful, and I loved that many of the selections used an expansive vocabulary that really helped me as a child. I found a copy of the exact same edition in a used book store (our family copy had been destroyed). I read it for my own nostalgic amusement; and when I was expecting, my DH read from it to my pregnant belly.

Our kids grew up hearing and reading these rhymes. Mother Goose, Edward Lear, Eugene Field, Rober Louis Stevenson, Rachel Field, Christina Rossetti, Water De La Mare... And illustrators like Eloise Wilkin, Milo Winter, even Walt Disney. All 5 verses of Jane Taylor's "Twiinkle Twinkle Little Star", and all 6 of Sarah Josepha Hale's "Mary's Lamb". What a treasure.  :-)

ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 3:09 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• where the wild things are
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Make way for ducklings,Goodnight Moon,The lion the witch and the wardrobe
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Phantom Tollbooth

Answer by rkoloms at 4:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My favorite children's book   and Jane. A old book used in my first grade class. I still have the book. It has a pet dog in it. I liked it too because it was a book that had no violence in it.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 4:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Do not ever bite your child! When your child bites give him a time out for fifteen minutes in a chair were he can see you .Do not let him or her get off that chair until the fifteen minutes are up. Do not talk to him or her until the fifteen minutes is up and do not let any one else talk to the child. If he gets off the chair put him back on . Do not talk to him. Make sure he is facing you so he sees that you have the freedom to move about the room.Usually why they bite is because they are not getting what they want. If the child is cutting teeth then perhaps he may need some thing to stopthe pain. You may want to call your Doctor on a advice for what to give him for pain. Do not go to their level of thinking and bite them back.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 5:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The Giving Tree. I read that to my kids all the time.
    lytate95

Answer by lytate95 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Anything with Elmo
    nightngale83

Answer by nightngale83 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011