HOw long do you give cereal?

SuzannaJ

Asked by SuzannaJ at 7:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It is recommended to maintain an iron fortified cereal until 18 months. We didn't know this with SS, so we stopped giving him cereal when we weaned him off formula at about 14 months.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:51 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I never start. I prefer to use other iron rich foods that aren't as empty as cereal.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• OH gosh I only gave my son (now a healthy and strong 4 year old) cereal for a few months and then stopped. It was more mess than it was worth and he ate plenty of other good foods. This time around (much later mind you) we don't plan on giving our youngest (3 months old) any cereal, or few and far between...I think it's just preference....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:50 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• 3 days, it was too bland.. I added veggies to it it keep up the consistency but I never did straight cereal for long
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 9:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2008