Are there any other Moms that have problems with Daughter In Laws trying to keep your Son away from the family?

impsug1

Asked by impsug1 at 2:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• No she comes over every weekend and she is an okay human no I take that back she is awesome.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Maybe she is trying to do so because you butt in too much. I dont mean to sound bitchy, but have you thought about it, or try to talk to her about it?
    Anonymous

• Does it count if it was my son in law that kept my husbands daughter away? they were together for 6 yrs and even once they lived behind us, she never called and we didn't even know about the wedding or having a baby until we heard it through the grapevine!
    She has left him and she calls more now and is more of daughter, FINALLY! but her in laws and husband stilll control the kids.
    What is your situation? there is still so much more I have to say about a situation like this and it is hard,very hard to deal with.
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 2:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Speaking from a daughter in law's perspective and with no information on your situation with your dil here is my two cents. I never want to keep my dh away from his mother, but in the past she has been so intrusive, rude and downright disrespectful to me that it pushed her son away - not me keeping him away. Are you respecting your daughter in law? Do you treat her how you want to be treated? Do you make her feel as if she is not good enough for your son? If any of these things are true, then you need to take a step back and think of your son and how this makes him feel because he knows what;s going on. They always do, some just choose to let it build up and at some point they can't hide it anymore and it creates a barrier between mother and son. Try having faith in who your son chose and remember this was his choice, not yours. Now, if you are not guilty of these things and she is just a witch, then chat with her.
    Anonymous

• As a DIL whose MIL lives 1500 miles away I have a very good relationship with her. I always worry that she thinks I am taking her son away though because he never calls because he doesn't like to talk to his family. It's not that he doesn't love them or has anything against them but for some reason he has no desire to call or pick up the phone when they call. We have one son and he is their only grandchild so I send pictures and I call them so they know what's going on in our lives, but my husband is always "sleeping" when they are on the phone. I just hope that they don't think I'm the one telling him not to talk to his family
    noahsmom13

Answer by noahsmom13 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No, but dh's brother's wife is like this. She could care less about his family, they never visit anyone on his side but will be in the state for 3 weeks and will stay with her parents, see all her friends, and see his parents maybe twice. There's so much to the story, I've tried to befriend her but she has no interest. I think she's very self centered and that's what the problem is there. I suggest you talk to your DIL. You never know what the issue is but it won't get better until it's discussed.
    Now I should probalby take my own advice LOL
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I guess I am one of them, kind of. My DH, doesn't see his family at all because they don't like me and are rude to me. They tried to convince him not to marry me
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 7:11 PM on Apr. 2, 2011