Cleaning shortcuts

I hate to clean...But everybody has to right lol...I need your best tips for quick cleaning done right...any advice?

0MyNameIsMom0

Asked by 0MyNameIsMom0 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• If your house isn't a total wreck, these will help! http://housekeeping.about.com/od/timesavingideas/a/15MinuteClean.htm
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 2:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Ummm....Lol, not done right like kids do shuv it all under the bed :) haha just kidding... Not sure, just get motivated and it'll get done GL
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:31 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Do a little at a time. If possible clean when your kids are not home. Do the basics first (dishes, bathroom sink, toilet, and throwing dirty clothes in the hamper) before moving on to the big stuff (dusting big furniture, washing floors, and laundry). If you stay consistent that should help out. Getting rid of mail clutter will also make you feel like you've accomplished something:)
    Annasofia

Answer by Annasofia at 2:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• LOL that is exactly what my boys do they just shove everything under their bed and think i wont check there lol My daughter on the other hand she is younger than they are and she will actualy clean her room the right way...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Comment by 0MyNameIsMom0 (original poster) at 2:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I schedule it all. List what you want to clean (I don't clean my DD's room ever), then schedule it. Mondays are dusting, Tuesdays bed linens, Wednesday bathroom, Thursday a deep clean project (bathroom, fridge, stove) and Friday's floors. Then again, I'm a SAHM. It's different if you work outside of the home. Scheduling still keeps it from getting out of control, but don't blow a weekend deep cleaning.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Clean the shower and tub really well, get it 100% dry then wax it. The walls, tile sides with car paste wax or NuFinish wax. DO NOT wax the floor. All you will need to actually clean is the bottom the of the tub as the wax will keep everything off the walls and sides for at least 6 moths or more. Iv been doing this for years, and it is a life saver.
    In a pinch windex is fine for quick cleaning of the kitchen and bathroom counters.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Get rid of all clutter, clothes no longer worn, broken toys, furniture, anything that is not used. Then pick a space, a room, a closet, even one drawer and start slowly. The secret is just putting things back when you are done with them. A place for everything and everything in it's place. Good Luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:26 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Thanks everyone for the tips...
    0MyNameIsMom0

Comment by 0MyNameIsMom0 (original poster) at 7:13 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think that just doing one room a day is best... when I try to do too much at once it gets overwhelming.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:54 AM on Apr. 5, 2011