OK I have to vent.. anyone else have this problem?

I'm going to smack my DH one of these days... We have 3 kids, ages 14,7, and 4 months. DH has always worked the night shift and could only help on weekends when the kids were babies ( I work days). Anyhow, he's on vacation this weekend and is trying to help w/ the 4 MO but he keeps messing w/ the schedule!! The baby got up to eat at 2 am last night and DH figured because the baby looked at him he was up for the day! He wanted to take him downstairs to watch TV!! we actually fought about this at 330 am (in whispers, which was funny) until i told him to go to bed before he messes too much! I dont want to spend the next 2 weeks fixing the schedule and having to work in the morning.
DH gets offended when I imply he doesn't know what he's doing... but come on, I got YEARS of experience in this department! AHHH!!! I appreciate the help but why won't he just listen to me!

plylerjones

Asked by plylerjones at 7:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• id of let the baby get up and play,he would have wore em out,when my hubby went to 2nd shift it sucked and sometimes my baby would wake up when she herd him so id let her get up,it didnt mess her schedle up at all and she got to spend some time with dad.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• He does spend time with dad, in the mornings / dinner time. Just DH gets angry at 3 in the morning and makes a big deal out of "he's up now".. it's 830 am here and they're both still asleep! baby usually gets up at 630 am, so this is kinda nice... got to drink a pot of coffee and sweept the floors/did dishes.. thinking of taking a shower if i can pull myself off the darn computer... :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 8:24 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yes I have the same problem my SO works nights also. And when he gets home sometimes its like our daughter(11m) knows and she wakes up so he goes in there and gets her, she isnt even crying, and brings her to our bed. And PLAYS with her right there for hours then is mad when she wont go to sleep. Im 32wks pregnant and I need my sleep too. I dont work but i have a 2yr old and a 11m old and im pregnant. I have them on schedule and he just does what he wants to do with them when he is home he has been home ALL WEEK and they are so off the schedule and when he goes back to work on monday we have 3wks and he is off for another 2wks. so there really isnt any point in me trying to get them back cause by the time i do its just going to get messed up again.!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Yeah that would be really frustrating. My Dh would do that too and I know his heart is in the right place but it just makes things so much more difficult. I would suggest talking to him about the "schedule" and running everything by him so he knows exactly what is supposed to happen and when at a time when emotions aren't high. It might not do a lot of good but it might help a little.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:35 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Unfortunantly your hubby probably feels like he is missing out and he is trying to compinsate for the time lost....I can agree, though I am a SAHM and I am nursing and the minute that my hubby picks our 3 month old up he tries figureing our what is wrong with him (it's usually a need for a new diaper) but my hubby thinks he needs fed and then tries burping him...it's all wrong, but he won't listen to me....it's annoying because I KNOW that I can fix it, but I want him to be confident that he can fix whatever it is at the same time too....poor baby, and I don't mean the 4 month old!! They just want to be included too...agh!
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 10:47 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• It's SO hard for me not to be a complete control freak when it comes to my kids! I am a SAHM, so I spend my life taking care of them. I LOVE and APPRECIATE my husband's help, but when he does something differently than I do with the kids, I have BITE MY TONGUE not to say anything! I just keep chanting in my head, "he's trying to help, he's trying to help, he's trying to help!"
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 10:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2008