Have your kids ever...

freaked you out? My DH is gone for the weekend to drill, and my DD wakes me up at like 3 am yelling my name. So I walk into her room and she's standing at the foot of her bed, and she says "Mommy, who was that man?", and I'm like "What man?!". She says, "the man in the living room." On the outside, I'm calm and say "It's okay, you were dreaming. Just go back to bed" and I tuck her in and she goes right back to sleep. But on the inside, I'm screaming like a little girl. I do a full house check, behind couches, in showers, etc. No trace of anyone, and all the doors are still locked. So I'm 99.9% sure she was, in fact, dreaming. That didn't keep me from having a very difficult time going back to sleep, though.

Anyone else?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 2:46 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• In my old house, my cat used to stare at the wall in a particular spot, tilt her head like she was listening. I thought she was just being a cat...until I had kids and they BOTH stared at the same spot from when they could roll until they were around 1. And not because they were looking where the cat was, it was even if she wasn't around. Just something creepy about an infant and a cat just sitting there staring and listening. My husband even used to joke they were listening to the ghost in the wall. We moved.
    Dawn C.

Answer by Dawn C. at 11:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No...But OMG if this happened to me I would be so freaked out and not be able to go back to bed!!!!!!!!! How scary!!!!!!!!!!!
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My middle son sleep walks, He freaks me out at least twice a week.
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 2:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Oh yeah lol. My dh sometimes has to work nights and when he does my dd just sleeps with me. Every little sound I hear I freak myself out about. I think omg theres someone outside, omg did I lock the door etc etc. My dh thinks its funny.

Answer by gemgem at 2:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• yes they have and it takes me forever to go back to sleep when it happens
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• YES!!! We forgot to close our 4 yr olds blinds one night but her window looks into the backyard so I didnt really think it was that big of a deal, the next morning she said she seen a monster looking in at her through her window and that it was smiling at her....I told her she was dreaming but I had DH go out and look around for any signs of someone being in our backyard or breaking the gate in anyway, the next day I got her some heavy curtains and she slept in my room with me for the next 2 weeks....I still don't know if she was dreaming or what but that freaked me the hell out!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• No thankfully. I freak myself out enough being alone in the dark! LOL..
    Something weird did happen the other day.
    My daughter was outside & I was finishing something up in the kitchen, so the door was closed- but when I went to go outside to be with her our sliding back door had the stick (that locks it) in the door... I had to unlock the door to go out! It was ODD since dd couldnt have done it since she was outside & I was the only person home & I wouldnt have put the stick in the door (it usually stays laying down on the floor beside the door - not propped up so it could fall & lock -- IM scared of getting locked out of the house myself! LOL)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011