Easy A

So I watched this movie, and while I enjoyed it, I thought it was a fairly unrealistic idea of high school. I went to a large school, and if someone had sex, they were "normal". In the movie, the students find out she lost her virginity and she stands out from the crowd, and is later ostracized. I knew some really slutty girls, one who let guys run a train on her at a party, and even SHE wasn't shunned.

What was your high school like? Would someone sexually active have been a pariah? Or the norm?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 2:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I think the point was she was labeled for having sex with someone unknown and then went on to pretend to have sex with several guys because the guys knew she was willing to have sex. I think in HS (when I was there and now) alot more people said they had sex then really did.

Answer by gemgem at 2:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i had no idea who was having sex and who wasn't. (Class of '86) in fact, i feel safe to say the question never entered my mind. being one of those chameleon kids (y'know, didn't quite fit in any one group/clique, so i floated in/out of all of them..except the cheerleader-group...still dislike those kind of gals.), i think i would've been aware of someone/somewhere, but i didn't.
    maybe because i wasn't thinking about it, myself...?
    i can tell you who smoked cigs/pot, who was always on the brain-bowl teams, who would be the star-sportman/woman, who the class president would be, and who would get the major scholarships..and who sang or acted best..but that's it. (oh, and who always had the nice cars.)
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:03 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Sex was completely normal. But there was one girl who was 300 + pounds that everyone picked on, because she never get laid but she sucked almost every guy off in our school. It was pretty sad :(
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 2:52 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My school wasnt like that nobody cared what you did in your personal life....Now you werent allowed to talk, kiss, hug, or even mention it or you would get in trouble and hard tell what else. My school was astricted school and there was alot of behavorial problems but sex didnt make you stand out at all.
    shelle21

Answer by shelle21 at 3:12 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• At my school, sex was VERY "normal." Most of the girls from my school had at least one baby by the time we had been out of school for a year, some of them had up to 3 by then. Those were the "cool" girls. The weirdos were people like me who married the only guy they had sex with and had a baby AFTER being married. It was kind of gross. You could hardly make it through one day without hearing or seeing WAY more than you wanted to. I got stuck in 8th grade between two chicks who spent the WHOLE year talking about the various guys they'd had sex or oral sex with over the summer and through the school year and they spilled ALL the gory details. It wasn't pleasant.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:14 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I graduated in 1977 from a private school in the south. No one admitted to having sex. If you did, you were the town whore and no one of good standing would speak to you. It may have been going on, but it was unspoken.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011