What to wear to a wedding this month?

My cuz is getting married in April towards the end of them month... were I live its a tad cold still and it's considered spring and people are telling me to wear a spring short dress... but the reception is further up the mountains out in the middle of know where and it will be colder ...
I want to personally wear a longer dress but can't seem to find any suitable for a wedding...any ideas on where to look?
I've tried David's Bridal, online, Debs, and a few others but do you momma's have any ideas?

proudmommy_0811

Asked by proudmommy_0811 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've seen lots of spring dresses out with matching sweaters or some type of wrap.

Answer by missanc at 2:53 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Where I would tell you to look depends on what size you wear. =/ Personally because of my weight, I can't shop for stuff at a lot of stores. If you're a "normal" size, it will be a lot easier to find something.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Is having a dress maker make you a dress that you want a possibility?
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 2:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'll share what I would wear to a wedding...........

I would order a nice wedding Salwar Kameez (Salwar Suit).. In nice bright spring colors, but it would be warmer than a dress..

Examples:  http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=wedding+salwar+kameez&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=univ&sa=X&ei=AHGXTYLZCo_PiAL8vpmdCQ&ved=0CCgQsAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

That way it would be dressy for a wedding, pretty and bright for spring (and a wedding..lol), and would still be warm and comfortable.. I usually orders mine from speciality shops online.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 2:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It depends on your budget, daytime or evening wedding, but I like going to Marshall's and places of the like for dresses. Also, you can use a wrap or sweater to make any dress warmer. Is the wedding outdoors? I was just married in October, an evening wedding, and told my guests to be comfortable.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm having the same problem But its my sisters wedding and its next weekend.. So I need to find something Fast... Have you tried looking at Kohls.com JCP.com and Sears.com and look under dresses for special occasions
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Ross has some great spring dresses now.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• thank you ladies i will be looking into all of these ideas and the wedding im attending is on the 23 :)
    proudmommy_0811

Comment by proudmommy_0811 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Apr. 2, 2011