C section

i had an emergency with my son. im now 38 weeks pregnant again and my doctor said i can schedule one any time now. my next appointment is wednesday. do u think i would be able to schedule it for that friday or saturday 2-3 days later or will they want to do it like that day ill be 39 weeks that saturday

djsmommy13

Asked by djsmommy13 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I had a scheduled csection with my 4th and 5th, but they scheduled it like 3 months ahead of time. I would think they would give you at least 2-3 days so you can pack and get childcare for any other kids, etc. But at our hospital you had to be at least 39 weeks to the day, so no sooner but I know that varies some according to the hospital (here it used to be 38 weeks)

Answer by missanc at 2:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I had a previous c-section with my son also and now I am 32 weeks pregnant. I have a doctor appointment a week from Monday, so I will be 33 weeks.and they want me to schedule my c-section then. They are going to schedule it for 38 or 39 weeks, so it'll be about 5 or 6 weeks in advance. I doubt they'll go ahead and schedule your c-section for that day and the hospital I'm staying at doesn't schedule c-sections for Saturdays or Sundays, unless it's an absolute emergency. They will more than likely schedule yours for a few days after you make it. Good luck!
    tiffanynichols

Answer by tiffanynichols at 3:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I suppose it depends on how your appointment goes on Wednesday and how you are feeling, if you are worried about holding off a few days and then having to have another emergency then let the doctor know your worries, at this stage baby is fully formed and although the last week or so gives them more nutrition it would not do the baby any harm to deliver at this stage. Voice your concerns to your doctor and best of luck with your new arrival :) xx
    neady

Answer by neady at 3:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Do you want to deliver vaginally? If there is no medical need it's safer to avoid the unnecessary risks with the surgery.
    If you choose to do one, waiting until closer to your due date is usually safer. Baby puts mom into labor when baby is ready for birth so allowing baby every extra day is beneficial.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:38 PM on Apr. 3, 2011