What do you want cookware to be made of?

Pots and pans are made from different things. Is any one material any better another? Comparing price, durability, health, convenience/features, etc. I'm looking at target's selection going by material and see non stick, stainless steel, cast iron, and hard anodized. What do you like and/or dislike about each? Any other materials to look into?

jus1jess

Asked by jus1jess at 2:55 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I like non stick because they are so much easier to clean...If they made cheap but good diposable pans I would so use them so i could just through them away after I'm done lol...But if you get non stick then you need to get non metal utensils! NEVER use metal in non stick just some great advice :)
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 2:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I like my iron skillet and copper bottom pots. It really depends on how you cook. Non-stick always seems to peel off, so I have to toss the frying pans or one day I'll come up with a neat way to recycle them. When it comes to pans you definately get what you pay for.
    neubren3

Answer by neubren3 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• ceramic or baking in the oven, no to non stick for health reasons, cast iron is good, I would like to get some green ware.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I personally love my stainless collection. It heats the food evenly, and they're not too hard to clean. Sure, they're not as easy to clean as non stick, but as long as you at least rinse it after use, it's not that bad.
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 3:27 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I have cast iron cookware. The black ones. You can use them on the grill, over a fire and on the stove and in the oven. In 60 years they will look the same and still be in use. No so for the pricey aluminium, scratch resistant or non stick stuff. They cook and heat evenly for me.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:45 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Cast iron. Used is the least expensive

Answer by rkoloms at 4:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• stainless steel or cast iron..
    id rather stay away from non-stick..
    I try to keep it health conscious about it.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 4:48 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i hate anything that is heavy
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:51 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I like my Calphalon Hard anodized aluminum, they are great heat conductors, you can use metal whisks etc in them, they clean somewhat ok, Not dishwasher safe buy you can even use Comet on them and it doesn't hurt it. I do have some nonstick frying pans for cooking eggs. I think my next set will be stainless steel, I want to get an induction stovetop and your pan has to be magnetic.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 5:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Cast Iron or stainless steel
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:57 PM on Apr. 2, 2011