Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup(NOT STEW)

I need a recipe for homemade vegetable beef soup(NOT STEW) that I can preferable make in the crock pot.

can't have tomatoes am severly allergic

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 2:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I get beef stew meat, cut it in half ( or smaller depending on size) brown it, Throw it in crock, Add quarter head cabbage rough chopped,1 onion, 1 can corn, 1 can green beans,1 can peas, 1 small bag frozen broccolli , 1 small bag frozen cauliflower, 4 beef bouillon cubes & 1 big can of v-8. Its amazing, my kids love it! Also dont drain the veggies. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 3:02 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• 6 cups of beef broth
    2 cups of v8 juice
    1 pound beef cut up
    1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
    OR
    2 carrots sliced thin
    2 celery stalks sliced thin
    1 onion sliced thin
    1 can corn niblets
    3/4 cup barley

Brown your beef in a little oil right in your crock pot, then add the rest of the ingredients and cook on med for about 8 hours.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:06 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I never use a recipe with my crockpot, lol
    I just add 3 cans of beef broth some cook beef from any type roast
    chop an onion and some celery, and potatoes
    bay leaf, parsley,a little garlic pepper,
    then add a bag of frozen mixed veggies and a drained can of stewed tomotoes
    cook on high for a few hours or all day on low
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:05 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• veggies ,meat and water 1pkg of soup mix add water let it cook
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 4:49 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I throw the stew meat in with water or stock and a couple envlopes of onion soup mix and I chop up some onions and celery and carrots, potatoes, rutabaga and cook it tell its done---yummy-- I usually add a can of diced or stewed tomatoes, but since your allergic just leave them out, of course.it is soooooo good and if it is to thin--i use a corn starch slury to thicken it up.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:17 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Try allrecipes/com
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My recipe, amended for no tomato products. I make it in the crock pot all the time. You can cut the amounts in half if it sounds like too much. 2 lbs hamburger, cooked with onion (a fresh one chopped up or dry, both are good). Drain the grease off and put in the crock. 2 lbs frozen mixed veggies. Add water to cover, plus an inch (or more if you want it brothy). Keep track of how much water, and add beef boullion accordingly. On the stove, melt a couple of tablespoons of butter, and whisk in the same number of tablespoons of cornstarch or flour (probably 3 T each). Stir into soup. Season with pepper, parsley, cumin, and anything else that sounds good. Cook on low 4-8 hours (depends how done you want the veggies). If you want potatoes, chop and add about 1 hour or so before serving. Or you can add barley, rice, or pasta that's partially cooked.
    Anonymous