What would you do?

My husband went to go pick up a hot tub today...it was being given away. It was old but worked. He rented a forklift from one of his jobs and borrowed the tow truck from his other job. This costs us about $100. He dropped it off the forklift and smashed it!!!! AHHH. Now we have a smashed hot tub in the yard with no way to get rid of it. I doubt he will be able to fix it :(

ashisamom

Asked by ashisamom at 3:18 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Call the hot tub company that made it or sold it in your area & tell them to pick it up free for parts. We had one and it was really nice in the begining then got gross with slugs crawling around it & mice made nests inside the motor compartment so that's how we got rid of it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:54 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• bummer.

what would I do.... I think I would try craigs list.... free broken hot tub if you pick it up. never know, crazier things have happend.

If that doesnt work then Id take a few weekends and take it apart bit by bit by bit and take all those bits to the dump
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It depends how bad it is smashed. You can get new liners for them, and they are fiberglass so there's always the option to use a fiberglass mix to repair it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• The liner part is fine...the motor is fine...the outside wooden part is smashed and fell off. I may try to do something with the outside of it.
    ashisamom

Comment by ashisamom (original poster) at 3:58 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• the outside should be able to be fixed u gotta love husbands lol
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 4:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011