High lift hair color

I recently put a hair color on my hair that turned too dark. It is dark brown, almost black and I wanted it to be a lighter shade of brown. I was wondering what my best option would be with lightening my hair? I dont wanna bleach it because I previously had highlights and don't want it damaged much more. If I was to get a high lift color, would it lighten my hair since it's been colored dark or do they only work for virgin hair? Any suggestions??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• If you don't mind waiting a while it'll fade. Then it may end up being the color you wanted or it'd be easier to use a lightener. you don't always have to bleach it, but they say not to dye your hair more often than once every 3 months..
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 3:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Use a really cheap shampoo like baby shampoo or suave green apple and apply several times to strip some of that color out of your hair. Baby shampoo and green apply really strip out color fast. When you get enough out you can then reapply color in a lighter shade. Or, you can wait a few weeks till it fades on it own then try a lighter color.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:39 PM on Apr. 2, 2011