Are you more an introvert or an extravert? In what ways do you live that out?

CoffeeWriter

Asked by CoffeeWriter at 3:24 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Relationships

• Mostly, I'm an introvert. I can be more extroverted with people that I am totally comfortable with. I can force myself, in certain social situations, to be an extrovert, but I have to know in advance that I will be in that situation and really prepare myself. I am incredibly shy, which really adds to my being an introvert. I could probably be a hermit if I didn't have my kids and my SO. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:28 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm more of an introvert but people THINK that I'm an extravert because I adapt well to social situations and make friends easily....the thing is I would RATHER be alone lol....I get really nervous when I'm around alot of people and so all the extravert behaviour I display is merely an act so people won't think I'm a weirdo lol....it's hard to explain....and as far as me making friends easily...I do but they are not usually long lasting friendships because I'm not good at calling people back and generally doing all the things that build a friendship...I hope that made sense lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• extravert.... I dont see any reason not to participate, not to speak up, or to sit on the side lines. Life is a one time chance and Im going to live it... not sit by and watch it happen.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 3:25 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• It depends on the situation and topic. I've been and done it both ways, and I don't generally have a preference.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 4:01 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• what ...Lucky209 said.... actually that would be me as well and do not need to add to it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:08 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• A lot of people would think of me as an extrovert. But, really I'm an introvert. I'm happy, bubbly, and social when I'm with a smaller group of people I'm completely comfortable with. I do not like large crowds, I do not like social situations where I only know like 1 person, and I like to be home and will sometimes just crave being home and no one calling to bug us.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I'm an introvert, and I have severe social anxiety. I HATED going to school as a kid- I mean, I had a couple friends, but I was never the type to like being in public places with all kinds of people all around. I'm much more private. I kind of wish I was more of an extrovert because I might have more friends, but I doubt that's gonna happen any time soon! lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 7:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Introvert.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 9:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011