Dyes

I don't believe that sugar makes children hyper. Not sure if I buy into the ADD/ADHD, I am thinking it is more dye related. Red #40, yellow #5. If you do the research I really think it is what we are adding in our foods that are harming our children & adults.

What are your thoughts?

ItsJustMe1017

Asked by ItsJustMe1017 at 3:29 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in General Parenting

• My kids greatly benefited and changed in behavior when I took out all the gluten in their diets. I also tried to remove all the dye's, or most of them. It made all the difference in the world with my kid's ADHD
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 3:32 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• i don't believe it's the dyes. i belief that children are not getting enough good fats for healthy brain development. this is why whole milk is so important in child development because the fat develops the brain properly. your brain is almost 100% fat
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I believe that dyes and chemicals are playing havoc on everyones health. They are not a good thing. We all need to get back to the basics. Sugar is a natural food, I don't think it is bad, in moderation of course.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 3:35 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I think if you feed your children well they wont be eating too many dyes to begin with. Im trying to think of what my kids ate with dyes... none in the fruit, none in the vegetables, none in the meat, none in the milk or the water.  Im wondering how much crud you need to feed your kids that dyes would be an actual concern.

I now have teenagers and I KNOW they are eating things with dyes in them NOW... but when they were little... I dont think that was really and issue.  Im sure I did feed them some things with dyes... but not often.

Anonymous

• My kids are good kids...I DO notice a change in their behavior when they eat or drink things with dyes in them. So much of our foods have them.
    They drink a ton of milk & water, love fruits and veggies...but I have to believe it IS something in the dyes.

If they weren't bad for us, why is it that when we give things to Europe they will not accept them from us with the dyes in them.
    ItsJustMe1017

Comment by ItsJustMe1017 (original poster) at 3:38 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My kids are little and seems like almost everything has dyes in it. Even medicines have dyes in them...
    ItsJustMe1017

Comment by ItsJustMe1017 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• Read :http://www.grist.org/article/2011-03-28-adhd-its-the-food-stupid

and

http://www.feingold.org/

They will show you how right you are about dyes...but this research has been out there since the 70s...yet SO MANY PEOPLE don't know it.  Iimagine the drug push is the culpret...becuase HUNDREDS if not THOUSANDS of children have been helped and some "cured" by dietary changes. 

Good lucK!

boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 3:41 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I believe sugar does mk kids hype...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 3:56 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• boomamma....
    I believe it has been out there, but some parents are unaware of it, or may not even thought about it until they have children and wonder, why all of the sudden they start getting hyper, more energy or whatever they may want to label it.

I am glad you understand what I am trying to explain.
    ItsJustMe1017

Comment by ItsJustMe1017 (original poster) at 8:23 PM on Apr. 2, 2011