Tourettes

Anyone out there have tourettes or a son or daughter or husband with tourettes???

Do you have any holistic things that can help????

Just starting to research holistic options for my teenage son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:43 PM on Apr. 2, 2011 in Health

• My daughter's Godfather has it pretty bad and I never knew you could do anything holistic but good luck on finding something and having it work I know it is very hard on the person who has it.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:47 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• I had a friend with them, not sure what he used. He died in a car accident a few years ago.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:59 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• My son (Father & Grandfather) have it. I don't know about holistic but identifying and dealing with Sensory Integration problems help. They occurred causing his tics to be worse. Get a good Pediatrist familiar with TS. There are things that can be done in school to help call less attention to his tics & relieve him somewhat. The doctor wrote letters for me to give the school so they would allow him accommodations such as seating near the door or or allowing him a bathroom pass, so he could walk out of class to relieve his tics without calling attention. Being allowed to suck or chew on things in class (sour drops) helped him concentrate and having fidgets for his hands or paper to doodle on helped him. My son was tested for Sensory Integration disorder (common w/TS) and there were many things we could do to lessen his stress and his tics. Contact the National Tourette Syndrome (NTSA) to get more tips. I'm a board member.
    dizzypinut

Answer by dizzypinut at 5:21 PM on Apr. 2, 2011

• School is not a problem for him. What is happening recently is that his current tick is a large muscle tick and causes him pain. People dont even notice it some times and simply think he is stretching. I have been giving him magnesium at night which is helping him relax but he needs some thing during the day to help ease the muscle strain.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:30 PM on Apr. 2, 2011