SS is sick-kinda graphic and long

So my SS came home from BM's house yesterday complaining his stomach hurt. As soon as BM left, he said he was fine, that he just overate, and he was better now. (He had 4 packets of oatmeal, 2 sandwiches, and a 10 piece chicken nugget between 9 am and 1 pm according to BM) He rested a few minutes and took a shower and then was up playing like nothing. Then suddenly after I went to work he threw up 3 times in about an hour. I came home from work and he was fine. I brought him home some grilled chicken and some tortillas so he could try to eat something. He eat some, slowly, at about 7 and was fine until 6 am. He woke up and threw up again, but it was still nearly undigested. Simple tummy flu or something more? He has never thrown up two days in a row before. He always is better within a day, and I was thinking that his food would digest within about 11 hours.

Mom1Stepmom1

Asked by Mom1Stepmom1 at 8:22 AM on Nov. 29, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Wow, that's a lot of food for a kid! After reading all that, I would think it's a combo of overeating and the overdose on the meds. I hate to criticize another parent, but really, how on earth did she think that all of that was ok?
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Sounds like he's eating too many things with a high fat content. Slow it down.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 8:25 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• All he has eaten since he started getting sick was a tortilla (no trans fat, it came from my work so I know the info well) and some grilled chicken. Everything else was what he ate at BM's before he came home. DH has talked to BM about overfeeding him and feeding him more fruits and veggies, but she sticks to the "convenience" foods
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 8:34 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• After that much time, the food really should have been digested. If he's overeating, that may be why it's undigested. Did you ask him what he ate? Perhaps he ate more than bm let on, and that's why he's still so sick. I'd say if he's not better by this evening or in the morning, you might want to take him to an urgent care facility and have him checked out just to be on the safe side. We tend to eat pretty healthy, and pretty much totally homemade foods here, and if we suddenly eat a lot of convenience foods, we tend to feel pretty yucky. But it goes away within a few hours for us. I hope he feels better soon.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:19 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• I know that he ate Thanksgiving dinner 3 different places on Thursday, and once was right before bed because we called him to say goodnight and he was eating. Then he ate 4 packets of instant oatmeal for breakfast, 2 sandwiches for lunch, and then at 1, he said that his stomach hurt so she got him a ten piece chicken nugget from McDonalds. At least that was the story as I heard it. She also overdosed his medicine. According to the bottle you can take 1-2 tsp of his Zyrtec. We circled the 1 tsp, told her 1 tsp, and she gave him 1 1/2. Not more than the recommended dosage, but more than he is used to. I am not sure if that is enough to upset his tummy or not. She had him for two nights due to the holiday schedule, so twice he got more than he was used to in a row. I am not sure if that could be part of the problem or not?
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 29, 2008

• Goodness, BM sounds like she has no common sense and no control over her childs eating, thats a LOT of food for a kid, even too much food for an adult.
    Anyways either a stomach bug or allt hat overeating the kid was doing. Id give him little things, bland things like a piece of toast and let his stomach recuperate.
    trusting_in_HIM

Answer by trusting_in_HIM at 12:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• no matter how much food he eats there should be some signs of digestion after 5 or 6 hours i would take him to the dr just to be safe.
    rismommabear

Answer by rismommabear at 12:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• His stomach and digestive system needs a rest!

If he really needs to eat give him fruit which is very easy on digestion.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2008

• "Then he ate 4 packets of instant oatmeal for breakfast, 2 sandwiches for lunch, and then at 1, he said that his stomach hurt so she got him a ten piece chicken nugget from McDonalds. At least that was the story as I heard it. She also overdosed his medicine. According to the bottle you can take 1-2 tsp of his Zyrtec. We circled the 1 tsp, told her 1 tsp, and she gave him 1 1/2."

There's your answer...lol

LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 9:29 PM on Nov. 29, 2008